C compiler

Hugh Sasse hgs@dmu.ac.uk
Mon Jan 15 10:06:00 GMT 2007


On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Berg, Michelle D. wrote:

> Greetings,
>  
> How do I determine if I have the C compiler install on my Solaris 8 system?

Solaris doesn't come with a working C compiler as far as GCC is concerned
unless you have the Sun Workshop or Forte compilers as well.  You will
probably find it most easily by `man CC` (looking for the C++ compiler.)
The find command will tell you where these are on your system.

To get a working C compiler you can look at http://www.sunfreeware.com/

> When I have tried to run ./configure, I have received the following error
> messages:
> ./configure: make: not found

You should have make
make: /usr/ccs/bin/make 

but you will need GNU make anyway.  You don't need a make to build GNU
make.

> ./configure: not found

It sounds like not enough places are on your PATH.
>  
> Please help me determine if I have a C/GCC compiler.
>  
> thanks
> Mtrueblood
>  
        HTH
        Hugh
> 



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list