Problem building g++ 4.1.1 on Cygwin

Dave Yost Dave@Yost.com
Wed Jan 10 19:01:00 GMT 2007

At 10:35 AM -0800 2007-01-10, Brian Dessent wrote:

>I don't understand.  Why are you building a 4.x compiler if you already
>know that what you're trying to do only works with 3.4?

1. The C++ code that needs to go into the dll that will be loaded by Java will not compile with anything less than 4.1.x.

2. Java works with code compiled with 3.4 only if -no-cygwin is used.

3. So far, I have not found a way to get code compiled with 4.1.x to work with Java.

Therefore, it seems that I need to be able to compile with 4.1.x but without using Cygwin libraries.  Or maybe there is some other problem.

Dave