Misalignment of local SSE variables in thread function

Jonathan Kinsey jon_kinsey@hotmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:40:00 GMT 2007


Tim Prince wrote:
> If your function gets a mis-aligned stack, that is not the fault of
> gcc.  However, if your gcc function passes a mis-aligned stack, when you
> use the correct options, that is a bug.
> gcc is more idealistic than commercial compilers which incur the
> additional overhead of adjusting the stack everywhere it is needed.

Ok, but how can I fix it - the thread is created at the kernel level and
the initial thread function has a mis-aligned stack which gcc doesn't
correct.  Do I need to add some assembly code to align the stack!?

> You may be missing important input because of your strange e-mail
> formatting; many people on this list will have blocked e-mail with html
> stuff.  I have tbird set to filter out html but display text.

I'm using thunderbird and am pretty sure I'm not sending any html, what
formatting problems are you seeing?

Jon



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list