How to ignore Wall errors for a portion of code

Joezac Zachariah joezac@cadence.com
Mon Jan 15 13:37:00 GMT 2007


Hi,

Thanks for your fast response. I am not sure whether my query was clear. 
I am using 'make' to compile the code and I am passing -Wall -Werror 
options. My requirement is that the Wall checks need to be done only on 
a portion of the code in a given '.c' file and not on the complete file. 
Is there a way or a Wall option with which I could switch the -Wall 
check 'off' for a portion of the file?

Thanks,
Joezac


Tim Prince wrote:

> Joezac Zachariah wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>
>> I am compiling a C code with -Wall -Werror options. In my File I am 
>> including another C file which has many Wall errors, which I don't 
>> want to check for. Is there a way I can exclude some portion of code 
>> from a given file
>
> The usual way is to use make
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html
>




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list