Just the "Compile" button!

John Jackson strangetruther@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 13:00:00 GMT 2007

Hi chaps - here's my first...

Programmed my first Apple computer commercially in
1983.

I've got two c++ projects to be ported from Windows
where I was using Bloodshed.  They both do everything
in one big program, using the simplest old-fashioned
screen outputs and inputs.  I'm happy to keep I/O as
simple as poss. (...though I would like to be able to
write to the/a screen in run time without doing the
equivalent of a degree first - like back in the '70's
!)

I love intriguing detective projects which is what
mine are.  That's why I don't need another one - i.e.
spending 6 months learning cocoa/carbon and whatever
where I seem to be obliged to define all my data
structures from scratch.

Now I've got X-code up, something notices the .cpp on
my source files and opens an editor - which surely
implies that it knows they are c++ source files.  But
what in the name of all that's holy do you have to do
to get the compiler to compile?!

With Bloodshed and Visual c++ you could do complex
tasks the way the system wanted you to but they did
also offer relatively simple "just compile" options
too.

Can anyone point me to the compile button please?

Cheers,

JJ