Requirements for throwning C++ exceptions from one shared library to another in gcc 4.1.0?
Glenn Serre
serre@adobe.com
Thu Jan 11 06:47:00 GMT 2007
Good evening,
Would someone know what I need to do to successfully throw C++
exceptions from one shared library to another shared library? In
particular,
- can I use a statically-linked libstdc++ (in both libraries), or must I
use a
a shared libstdc++ for both?
- Is there any circumstance under which I can use -static-libgcc, or
must I
use -shared-libgcc? The manual seems pretty clear on this, but it
doesn't
hurt (much) to ask.
- Why is -shared-libgcc required (assuming it is)? A pointer to source,
FAQ,
documentation, etc. would be welcome here. I ask this final question
only
because I'd like to know exactly how throwing exceptions across shared
libraries works and I'm looking for a place to start my research.
Thanks in advance for any pointers to documentation, comments, tips,
etc.
--Glenn S.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list