libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `___tls_get_addr'

marco turchi marco.turchi@gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:13:00 GMT 2007


Thanks a lot.
If I update the C library, then wuold have I to install again the gcc?

Thanks a lot
Marco

On 10 Jan 2007 07:46:16 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> "marco turchi" <marco.turchi@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Dear All,
> > I'm a new user of this mailing list.
> > I've this problem.
> > I had an old gcc version on my laptop so I downloaded the 4.1 and I
> > installed it using the following commands:
> >
> > configure --enable-shared --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++
> > make bootstrap
> > make install
> > everything worked, but now when I have to install some software and
> > when I run the configure file of this software, I obtain the following
> > error during the configure phase:
> > configure:2348: checking for C++ compiler default output file name
> > configure:2375: g++    conftest.cpp  >&5
> > /usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../libstdc++.so:
> > undefined reference to `___tls_get_addr'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> You are compiling a program which uses __thread.  This requires
> support from the compiler, the linker, and the C library.  It looks
> like you need to upgrade your C library.
>
> Or perhaps you can simply configure the program you want to use to
> not use __thread (also known as TLS).
>
> Ian
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list