Problem building g77 configured with gnu as and ld
Shin, John Y CONTRACTOR WRAIR-Wash DC
John.Shin@AMEDD.ARMY.MIL
Wed Jan 3 22:53:00 GMT 2007
I'm trying to build g77 from gcc 3.4.6 on an Octane 2 SGI machine
running IRIX 6.5.25f with binutils 2.17. A program I'm trying to
compile requires g77 configured with gnu as and ld, but the pre-built
binaries I have were configured to use the standard MIPS as and ld, so I
have to build my own g77. I configured and attempted to build g77 from
gcc-3.4.6 as follows:
1. ../gcc-3.4.6/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.4.6_INSTALL
--with-gnu-as --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as --with-gnu-ld
--with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld --with-gmp=/usr/local/lib
--with-mpfr=/usr/local/lib --enable-languages=f77
2. make bootstrap
This gives the following error:
config.status: creating testsuite/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing default commands
if [ x"" != x ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \
mkdir pic; \
else true; fi
touch stamp-picdir
if [ x"" != x ]; then \
gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -02 -I.
-I../../gcc-3.4.6/libiberty/../include -W -Wall -Wtraditional -pedantic
regex.c -o pic/regex.o; \
else true; fi
gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -02 -I.
-I../../gcc-3.4.6/libiberty/../include -W -Wall -Wtraditional -pedantic
regex.c -o regex.o
gcc: regex.c: No such file or directory
gcc: no input files
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
However, when I check gcc-3.4.6/libiberty, it contains regex.c. What
could be causing this problem?
Much thanks,
John Shin
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
Division of Molecular Pharmacology
Department of Biochemistry
503 Robert Grant Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Tel: 301-319-9054
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list