add/assign problem, part 2.
Andrew Haley
aph@gcc.gnu.org
Mon Jan 1 14:20:00 GMT 2007
Andrew Haley writes:
> DCH writes:
> >
> > > > I haven't actually compiled up your program, but immediately alarm
> > > > bells are ringing when I see things like
> > > >
> > > > a = *(vec + i)
> > >
> > >It's just a nonstandard way to write vec[i]. I mean, it's weird, but
> > >it's not actually wrong. :-)
> >
> > Sure. The point I was making is that the variable i was being
> > incremented up to a ceiling value
> > which was determined by a function parameter, i.e. you're trusting
> > whoever calls your function
> > to get the value of this parameter correct. Much safer to iterate
> > with a vector:
> >
> > for (size_t i = 0, length = vec.size(); i < length; ++i) {
> > do something with vec[i];
> > }
>
> Right, but that's a red herring here: the code in question doesn't
> seem to be getting that wrong. I don't agree with your point in
Ahem. I don't diisagree. :-)
> general, but it seems to be at best only tangentially related to the
> OP's problem.
>
> What we need from the OP is a description of the expected behaviour,
> and then we can discover whether this really is a compiler bug.
>
> Andrew.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list