Unable to compile java file with gcj 4.1.1: undefined reference to main
Stephen Torri
storri@torri.org
Tue Feb 27 15:15:00 GMT 2007
On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:03 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Stephen Torri writes:
> > I am having trouble building a java file with gcj. If I attempt to build
> > it from the obfuscated class file (a.class) I get the error message:
> >
> > storri@base$ gcj a.class
> > /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/../../../crt1.o: In function `_start':
> > init.c:(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > So I though okay I will let gcj reading the straight Java source file. I
> > get the same error message. Given the source file below is there any
> > reason why GCJ cannot compile it?
>
> Works for me:
>
> zorro:~ $ gcj Fibonacci.java --main=Fibonacci
> zorro:~ $ ./a.out 6
> Calculated fibonacci number: 8
> Calculated fibonacci number: 5
> Calculated fibonacci number: 3
> Calculated fibonacci number: 2
> Calculated fibonacci number: 1
> Calculated fibonacci number: 1
> Calculated fibonacci number: 0
Ah. Thanks for the hint on using --main. I did not think to use that
since I never had to do that for a C/C++ program. Now I am back into to
business.
Stephen
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list