AMD Geode processor optimisations for GCC 3.4.4
Frans Grotepass
fmgrotepass@yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 20 16:32:00 GMT 2007
On Tuesday 20 February 2007 16:13, Vladimir Makarov wrote:
> Vladimir Makarov wrote:
> > Frans Grotepass wrote:
> >> Hi all.
> >> We use Linux in an embedded solution. We use the Elinos suite to
> >> create trimmed down distributions. The suite has GCC-3.4.4 as
> >> compiler. Since we use some image processing, I would like to check
> >> the advantages in using possible compiler optimisations for the
> >> Geode. What are the optimal choice for the Geode within GCC-3.4.4?
> >
> > I'd try -mtune=k6 and -mtune=pentium2 or analogous -mcpu. K6 is
> > probably closer to geode except for aligning. Geode is less sensitive
> > to alignment so you could try to use -falign-{function,jump...}=0 and
> > get smaller size which is
>
> I forgot to mention that gcc-3.4 probably already uses march instead of
> mcpu.
Awesome Vladimir. A very quick response from the 4.3 Geode specialist himself.
Thanks alot!
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list