Why a specific gcc runtime is needed?

Lin George george4academic@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 17:47:00 GMT 2007


Hi Tim, I know how to link with a static library by using -static. My question is how to link with libc static library, because I have never done it before. I am wondering where is the location of the libc static lib? what should be the lib name, something like this -- all specific to libc itself.


regards,
George

----- Original Message ----
From: Timothy C Prince <tprince@myrealbox.com>
To: george4academic@yahoo.com
Cc: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2007 12:07:50 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Why a specific gcc runtime is needed?


-----Original Message-----
From: Lin George <george4academic@yahoo.com>
To: Tim Prince <tprince@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:00:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Why a specific gcc runtime is needed?

Thanks Tim, I think linking statically is a good idea. But I have never done it yet. Do you have any ideas of how to link with a C lib statically? Samples?


___________________________
Did you read about linker options in 'info gcc' ?
Tim Prince


 
____________________________________________________________________________________
Bored stiff? Loosen up... 
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list