Segmentation fault compiling java program with gcj 4.1.1 and -fprofile-arcs

Stephen Torri storri@torri.org
Tue Feb 27 15:19:00 GMT 2007

When I try to compile the following program I get a segmentation fault
from gcj:

        storri@base ~/Documents/StephenTorri/comp6210 $ gcj --main=Fibonacci Fibonacci.java -fprofile-arcs
        Fibonacci.java:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
        Please submit a full bug report,
        See <URL:http://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.

I tried to see if there was a back trace in gdb but I apparently did
build in debugging information. There was no stack or debugging symbols
found.

The program I used is below. Do I need to rebuild gcj to have debugging
information?

Stephen

------------------------------
class Fibonacci {

	public int calculate ( int n )
	{
		int output = 0;

		if ( n > 1 )
		{
			output = calculate ( n - 1 ) + calculate ( n - 2 );
		}
		else
		{
			output = n;
		}

		return output;
	}

	public static void main ( String[] inc )
	{
		if ( inc.length > 0 )
		{
			Fibonacci f_ref = new Fibonacci();

			int n = Integer.parseInt(inc[0]);
			while ( n != -1 )
			{
				System.out.println( "Calculated fibonacci number: " + f_ref.calculate ( n ) );
				n--;
			}
		}
		return;