makedepend.c error
Alf Lacis
Alf.Lacis@aiscientific.com
Fri Feb 23 04:42:00 GMT 2007
Hi,
I got gcc from svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/trunk two days ago.
I modified macro.c, cpplib.h, Init.c, Internal.h to use 3 new predefined
macros, very similar to __DATE__ and __TIME__.
When I tried compiling gcc, as per http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html, I
get this error on makedepend.c, which I did not modify:
<snip>
ranlib libcpp.a
/cygdrive/c/httpgcc.gnu.orgwikiSvnSetup/trunk/host-i686-pc-cygwin/prev-gcc/xgcc
-B/cygdrive/c/httpgcc.gnu.orgwikiSvnSetup/trunk/host-i686-pc-cygwin/prev-gcc/
-B
/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ -I../.././libcpp -I.
-I../.././libcpp/../include -I../.././libcpp/include -g -O2 -W -Wall
-Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -
Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute
-pedantic -Wno-long-long -Werror -I../.././libcpp -I.
-I../.././libcpp/../include -I../../
./libcpp/include -c -o makedepend.o -MT makedepend.o -MMD -MP -MF
.deps/makedepend.Po ../.././libcpp/makedepend.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
../.././libcpp/makedepend.c: In function 'parse_options':
../.././libcpp/makedepend.c:84: error: initialization discards qualifiers
from pointer target type
make[3]: *** [makedepend.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/cygdrive/c/httpgcc.gnu.orgwikiSvnSetup/trunk/host-i686-pc-cygwin/libcpp'
<snip>
Have I got the wrong?
--
Regards,
Alf Lacis
Senior Software & Design Engineer
A.i. Scientific Pty Ltd
10-22 Hornibrook Esplanade
CLONTARF QLD 4019
AUSTRALIA
Ph: (+617 or 07) 3105 5087
Fx: (+617 or 07) 3283 7933, 3283 7922
www.aiscientific.com
_________________________________________________________________
I always figured that if I ever stopped learning, it would either mean
that I had closed my mind, or that I was dead.
-- Robert Asprin
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list