list of optimizations done by -O1 level

ranjith kumar ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 22 17:27:00 GMT 2007

--- Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:

> ranjith kumar <ranjit_kumar_b4u@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
> >  GCC manuals says the foloowing are the list of
> > optimizations turned on when -O1 flag is used.

> >  -fdefer-pop -fdelayed-branch
> > -fguess-branch-probability -fcprop-registers
> > -floop-optimize -fif-conversion
> >            -fif-conversion2 -ftree-ccp -ftree-dce
> > -ftree-dominator-opts -ftree-dse
> >            -ftree-ter -ftree-lrs -ftree-sra
> > -ftree-copyrename -ftree-fre -ftree-ch
> >            -fmerge-constants
> >            -O also turns on -fomit-frame-pointer
> on
> > machines where doing so does not
> >            interfere with debugging.
> >
> >            -O doesnÂ’t turn on -ftree-sra for the
> Ada
> > compiler.  This option must be
> >            explicitly specified on the command
> line to
> > be enabled for the Ada compiler.

> The gcc manual also says:
>
>     Not all optimizations are controlled directly by
> a flag.  Only
>     optimizations that have a flag are listed.
>
> Ian

Sorry. What do you mean?

Is there any way to find list of optimizations enabled
by -O1?

Actually when I explicitly specified  all
optimizations, there were function calls associated
with each SIMD function called in .c file.
But when I used -O1 flag they were not present in
assembly code.
I am intrested in knowing which optimization is
replacing those function calls and at what
intermediate representation that optimization is done?

Thanks.