Strange pathes for gcc for x86_64-pc-mingw32

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 10:26:00 GMT 2007


[redirecting to gcc-help]

Kai Tietz writes:
 > Hi,
 > 
 > May somebody can explain me, the following case. I compiled a 
 > cross-complier for x86_64-pc-mingw32 and was successful on translare with 
 > the following build steps:
 > 1. configure --target=x86_64-pc-mingw32
 > 2. make all-gcc
 > 3. make install-gcc
 > 
 > But then I noticed, that the pathes to the tool-chain - which is installed 
 > under /usr/local/x86_64-pc-mingw32 - is used while compile, is somehow 
 > broken for the gcc tool. I assume, that the gcc toolchain is to be found 
 > under /usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-mingw32/4.3.0,

Should be in /usr/local/bin.  Isn't it?

 > but it is search in
 > /usr/local/x86_64-pc-mingw32/libexec/x86_64-pc-mingw32/4.3.0.  The
 > make command "make install-gcc" installs the toolchain as expected
 > under /usr/local/libexec/gcc/x86_64-pc-mingw32/4.3.0.
 > 
 > Can me somebody help ? Is this a bug or normal behaviour ?

Andrew.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list