cc1plus: out of memory allocating 33554432 bytes after a total of 38465536 bytes

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 16:13:00 GMT 2007

Pavel Saviankou writes:

 > i try still to compile a big source.  (see mails with subj: ' "virtual memory
 > exhausted: Out of memory" with a large static  array ')
 >
 > Now i try another way.
 > I generate a source, where i do allocate an array dynamicaly in the heap  and
 > fill it out line by line with values.
 > The values are irregular, so i have to have every value. (cannot implement
 > some prescription for evaluation of them)
 >
 > The array has 7 dimensions. In every dimension 7 points. (can and will be
 > more)
 >

 > My preprocessed source is ~51Mb and contains lines like

We've been here before.  What are you doing this?  Why don't you write
thet data into a file and read it at runtime?  That's what everyone
else would do.

Reading the data at runtime would be no slower at all if you used
mmap() to do it.

Andrew.