using programs build with gcc-4.1.1 in systems than never have gcc

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Tue Feb 13 09:25:00 GMT 2007

Anatoly Kanashin kirjoitti:
> Hi!
> I use gcc-4.1.1 for build C++ program for using in systems that never have
> gcc-4.1.1 installed (they have gcc-2.95 pre-installed and I can't change
> this).
> After build the program has dependency of libgcc_s.so. This library don't
> found in target system. And this library have dependency of libstd-c++ coming
> with gcc-4.1.1.
>
> I have a lot of troubles with other libraryes when try static linking.
>
> What I must doing with this situation?

 Adding the 'libgcc_s.so.1' and 'libstdc++.so.6' runtimes onto the
systems where they are
needed, should be the obvious choice.  For the needed shared libraries
there is that :

|    --enable-shared[=|package|[,...]]|

configure option. Listing only those, like 'libstdc++',  can be done.
Please see :

    http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html

So leaving for instance the 'libgcc_s.so.1' away can be possible. But
whether the C++ apps
then will work perfectly, is then another issue.  Doing a web search
using "with static libgcc"
can tell more information... I cannot say anything about this choice.