gprof issue on XSCALE
Lin George
george4academic@yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 13:33:00 GMT 2007
Hello everyone,
I want to use gprof to monitor performance of a program on an XSCALE CPU system, currently I am using Monta Vista tool chain to build application for the XSCALE system. But I can not find a gprof tool shipped with Monta Vista Linux. Does anyone have any idea of how to use gprof in my environment -- could work with Monta Vista Linux tool chain for XSCALE?
The more specific issue I could see is, I could compile and execute with profiler enabled application (-pg option), but there is no tool to analyze the output report in Monta Vista Linux (I can not find gprof command in Monta Vista installation package, and I am using version 3.1). -- I think I could not use x86 Linux desktop gprof to analyze the ouput generated by Monta Vista XSCALE compiler -- since I think gprof has to be matched with platform (XSCALE?). Any ideas?
regards,
George
____________________________________________________________________________________
Bored stiff? Loosen up...
Download and play hundreds of games for free on Yahoo! Games.
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list