Should I be able to build cross gcc 4.x on Cygwin?

Rick Mann rmann@latencyzero.com
Fri Dec 14 02:35:00 GMT 2007


On Dec 13, 2007, at 4:57 PM, Ted Byers wrote:

> Define "VERY slowly."  On my system, I set it to build
> in the evening, and it is complete about 12 hours

Thanks for the data point. I started my build at about noon, and it  
was still going 5 hours later. I don't know what kind of machine it  
is; some Dell desktop. Hearing that it takes you 12 hours at least  
lets me know I made the right decision going home early :-)

By contrast, my 2.13 GHz dual core (not core 2) MacBook Pro builds it  
in under 45 minutes.

I'm sure it's both the slow machine and the Cygwin overhead. I'll just  
let it keep running overnight. Hopefully it will build my target  
binary properly the first time out.

Thanks again!

-- 
Rick



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list