Some success (was "Re: How do I use GNAT to develop an OS kernel?")
Luke A. Guest
laguest@archeia.com
Mon Dec 3 19:03:00 GMT 2007
On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:59 -0500, Tony Wetmore wrote:
> Luke A. Guest wrote:
> > Well, I'm impressed with the response so far. Makes you feel
> > like you're part of an Ada community.
>
> Luke,
>
> Sorry about the non-responsiveness to your query, but gcc-help is not an
> Ada community, as you have discovered. Probably like most readers of
> gcc-help, I have never programmed in Ada, whether using GCC or not.
Well, I targetted this ml as there should (I would think) be the AdaCore
developers on this list. I was going to send it to the GCC list but
that's not for usage of the GNU compilers.
> I think that you would get a much better response if you were to target
> an Ada-specific mailing list or web site. I did some searching in
> Google and Wikipedia and found a couple of worthwhile-looking "Ada
> Community" web sites:
>
> http://www.sigada.org
> http://www.adahome.com
Yes, I know of these sites.
> Through those sites, I am sure that you would be able to find a more
> suitable mailing list or discussion forum. There does appear to be a
Really, there isn't and as my question concerned the use of the GNAT
compiler, this is the correct place to ask.
> newsgroup dedicated to Ada as well: comp.lang.ada. I do not know if
> there is much traffic there, since I have never read it.
No again, there aren't enough people there who are looking into or have
looked into this particular area of use with GNAT.
> Good luck with your project, it does sound interesting. Just entirely
> outside the scope of my experience and (current) interest.
Thanks for the reply.
Luke.
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list