Compiling gcc-3.4.6 on x86_64 stubs-32.h missing -m32 ?

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Sun Dec 2 20:52:00 GMT 2007

Brian Dessent wrote:
> Marc Weber wrote:
>

>> I'd like to compile gcc on nixos on a x86_64 system.
>> However somwhere a -m32 flag drops in which seem to cause a requirement
>> on stubs-32.h (glibc) which isn't there.
>>
>> Do you know what might causing this / how to configure the gcc build
>> propberly?
>>

> This means you don't have the 32 bit glibc development headers
> installed, which are required to multilib.  Install them from your
> distro.

These most probably are in some 'glibc-32bit-devel' (or something)
package...  The 32-bit runtime
package should have been installed always just as the 64-bit runtime.
When installing the development
packages, one must remember to install both the 64-bit and the 32-bit ones!