Problem building gcc 4.2.2 on SunOS 5.9, resolved

Thomas Mittelstaedt T.Mittelstaedt@cadenas.de
Thu Dec 20 10:15:00 GMT 2007


First, I created a build directory separate from the source tree, but I 
also had to tell gcc explicitly to use
the installed gnu ld via --with-ld=/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/ld. Otherwise, the 
system linker would be used.

../gcc-4.2.2/configure   --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.2.2 
--enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-static --enable-shared 
--disable-nls --with-gnu-as --with-as=/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/as --with-gnu-ld 
--with-ld=/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/ld --with-build-time-tools=/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/ 
--enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++

Thomas Mittelstaedt schrieb:
> Hallo,
>
> I build with the following:
>
> ../configure   --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.2.2 
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-static --enable-shared 
> --disable-nls --with-gnu-ld --with-build-time-tools=/opt/gcc-4.1/bin/ 
> --enable-languages=c,c++,java,objc,obj-c++
>
> make CFLAGS='-O' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2' LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 
> -fno-implicit-templates' bootstrap
>
>
>
> make[6]: Entering directory 
> `/localbuild/gcc-4.2.2/.obj/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sparcv9/libjava/classpath/tools'
> mkdir -p classes/gnu/classpath/tools/giop/grmic/templates
> mkdir -p classes/gnu/classpath/tools/rmi/rmic/templates
> mkdir -p classes/gnu/classpath/tools/appletviewer
> mkdir -p classes/gnu/classpath/tools/jarsigner
> mkdir -p classes/gnu/classpath/tools/keytool
> cp 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/rmi/rmic/templates/*.jav 
> classes/gnu/classpath/tools/rmi/rmic/templates
> cp 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/giop/grmic/templates/*.jav 
> classes/gnu/classpath/tools/giop/grmic/templates
> cp 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/rmi/*.txt 
> classes/gnu/classpath/tools/rmi/
> cp 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/giop/*.txt 
> classes/gnu/classpath/tools/giop/
> /localbuild/gcc-4.2.2/.obj/./gcc/gcj -B/localbuild/gcc-4.2.2/.obj/./gcc/ 
> -B/opt/gcc-4.2.2/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/bin/ 
> -B/opt/gcc-4.2.2/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/lib/ -isystem 
> /opt/gcc-4.2.2/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/include -isystem 
> /opt/gcc-4.2.2/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/sys-include  -m64 -encoding UTF-8 
> --bootclasspath '../lib':'../lib/glibj.zip' --classpath . -C -d classes 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/*.java 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/*/*.java 
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/*/*/*.java
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/AbstractMethodGenerator.java:0: 
> error: Can't find default package 'java.lang'. Check the CLASSPATH 
> environment variable and the access to the archives
> ../../../../../../libjava/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/HelpPrinter.java:43: 
> error: Class or interface 'java.io.InputStreamReader' not found in import.
>
>
> I bootstrapped from version 4.1.
>
> SunOS buildsun3 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-1000
>   



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list