GCC does not build gfortran !!

Martin Krischik krischik@users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 19 19:39:00 GMT 2007


Am Samstag 08 Dezember 2007 schrieb NightStrike:

> If you put the gmp and mpfr source in subdirectories of the gcc tree,
> gcc will build them automatically for you and you don't have to worry
> about anything.  I do this on 5 different build platforms, and it
> works superbly.
>
> You can put this in a script:
>
> cd gcc
>
> wget -qO- ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gmp/gmp-4.2.2.tar.bz2 | tar xjf - &&
> mv gmp-4.2.2 gmp
>
> wget -qO- http://www.mpfr.org/mpfr-current/mpfr-2.3.0.tar.bz2 | tar
> xjf - && mv mpfr-2.3.0 mpfr
>
>
> The rest is seemless.  You don't even need to use the --with-gmp and
> --with-mpfr options.  It's wonderful.

I finally found some to time to try it. Only - ./configure still tested the 
pre installed version of gmp and failed. Since I am not root I can't remove 
the pre installed version. So another dead end in the battle with gmp / mpfr.

It think that when GCC 4.3.0 goes live this group will be swamped with gmp / 
mpfr related posts. Mark my word.

Martin

-- 
Martin Krischik
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 194 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20071219/e9520cbd/attachment.sig>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list