Problem building gcc-4.2.2 on 64-bit ubuntu linux

Thomas Mittelstaedt T.Mittelstaedt@cadenas.de
Wed Dec 19 13:34:00 GMT 2007



John (Eljay) Love-Jensen schrieb:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>   
>> ../configure --prefix=/opt/gcc-4.2.2
>>     
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --enable-static --enable-shared
> --enable-languages=c,c++,java,objc,obj-c++ --enable-threads=posix
> --enable-nls --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-debug
> --enable-checking=release x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> It appears that you are attempting to build GCC from within a subdirectory of the GCC source code (instead of, say, a peer directory to the GCC source code).
>
>   
Oh, man. me *bummer*. I did read the configure page, but not thoroughly 
enough (maybe too fast). :-[
I'll redo it cleanly!

> Since that situation is not supported as per <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html>, do you get the same problem if you build to a peer directory to the source code?
>
> Note:  the source code tree may be "tainted" and could need to be "rm -rf" and "tar -x" afresh.
>
> I do not know if this is related to the problem encountered or not.  Just one of the variables to consider taking out of the equation.
>
> Sincerely,
> --Eljay
>   



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list