profiling question
Juan Carlos Franzoy
jfranzoy@yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 14 20:40:00 GMT 2007
Hello. I am trying to profile an application that
start running consuming less than 1% of CPU and 10
hours later it takes 20%.
I compiled it with -pg and -g and installed it. After
24 hours it took more than 25% and we killed -15 it.
It generates a gmon.out.
Out surprise was when we run gprof myapp gmon.out. All
counters except where in zero. What am I doing wrong?
thaks in advance.
gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--disable-checking --with-system-zlib
--enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)
uname -a
Linux aquila.ats-ar.com.ar 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3
18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
------------------------------------------------------------
Juan Carlos Franzoy
Analista Programador
Tel: +54-11-4780-2634
mailto:JCFranzoy@ats.com.ar
http://www.ats.com.ar
------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Encuentros.
Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list