gcov compiles ICE on gcc-4.1.2

Alex Mohr amohr@pixar.com
Tue Dec 11 23:01:00 GMT 2007


Hi folks,

We just upgraded from the gcc 4.0 series to 4.1.2, and we're having 
trouble with our gcov build.  We get random ICEs like:

In function '(static destructors for wrapKeyFrame.cpp)': 
wrapKeyFrame.cpp:253: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

on various files in our source tree.  (Full command line below.)  We've 
tried changing flags, enabling optimizations, and this sometimes gets 
certain files to compile, but other files that formerly compiled will 
randomly start ICEing.

Non-gcov builds work great both with and without optimizations, and our 
full test suite shows no problems.

Anyone else out there having trouble like this with gcov in the 4.1 
series?  Any hints or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Alex



Full command line:

g++ -fPIC -m64 -Wall -Wunused -Wunused-parameter -Wno-import 
-Wno-strict-aliasing -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -fmessage-length=0 
-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -DGPLUSPLUS -DPOSIX_THREADS -DMENV30 
-ftemplate-depth-90 -fpermissive -fno-const-strings -Wno-unknown-pragmas 
-Wno-missing-braces -Wno-non-template-friend -g -fno-elide-constructors 
-Werror -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-sign-compare 
-DLINUX -DFEDORA -DPOSIX_THREADS -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 
-D_GNU_SOURCE -DSYS_V -D_REENTRANT -DBUILD_OPTLEVEL_DEV 
-DMFB_PROJECT_NAME=Core -DMFB_PACKAGE_NAME=Anim 
-DMFB_ALT_PACKAGE_NAME=Anim -DMFB_BASE_FILENAME=wrapKeyFrame 
-D__GLIBCPP_INTERNAL_BVECTOR_H -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__null=0 -isystem 
/pixar/d2/sets/tools-34/include/gcc4-fixes 
-I/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/gen/fedora-gcc64-gcov-dbg/Core/lib/Anim/include 
-I/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/inst/fedora-gcc64-gcov-dbg/include 
-isystem /pixar/d2/ ts/tools-34/include/python2.5 -isystem 
/pixar/d2/sets/tools-34/include -isystem 
/pixar/d2/sets/tools-34/include/boost 
-I/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/inst/fedora-gcc64-gcov-dbg/include 
-I/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/inst/fedora-gcc64-gcov-dbg/include 
-MMD -MF wrapKeyFrame.d -c 
/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/menv/Core/lib/Anim/wrapKeyFrame.cpp 
-o wrapKeyFrame.o 
/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/menv/Core/lib/Anim/wrapKeyFrame.cpp: 
In function '(static destructors for 
/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/menv/Core/lib/Anim/wrapKeyFrame.cpp)': 
/data/tinderbox/menv30_codecoverage_dep/menv30_src/menv/Core/lib/Anim/wrapKeyFrame.cpp:253: 
internal compiler error: Segmentation fault Please submit a full bug 
report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See 
<URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list