GMP and MPFR (Was: GCC does not build gfortran !!)

Martin Krischik krischik@users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 8 13:05:00 GMT 2007

Am Samstag 08 Dezember 2007 schrieb Brian Dessent:

> Martin Krischik wrote:
> > And another thing just struck me: We from the Ada community use cross
> > compilers for embedded targets a lot. Targets which might not even have
> > an operating system. How is this supposed to work in future?
> >
> > Or not quite a drastic: Cross compiling on Windows for VMS. Do GMP and
> > MPFR cross compile for VMS. Do they compile for VMS at all. Or for
> > Symbian to name a new and hip OS for contrast.
>
> They're host libraries, not target libraries.  They don't have to build
> for the target system.  They are used by gcc itself, not by code that
> gcc creates.

So Cross compiling on Windows/Linux for VMS won't be the optional extra in
future but the only possibility. Or does GMP and MPFR compile on VMS?

I understand that you defend your decision but nevertheless it is a blow to
any non mainstream platform.

Martin

--
Martin Krischik