Compiling gcc - unknown conversion type

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 17:55:00 GMT 2007


NightStrike writes:
 > When I compile gcc to target x86_64-pc-mingw32 using either
 > x86_64-pc-linux (FC8) or i686-pc-linux (Gentoo) as the build/host
 > systems, I see a large number of warnings that are all similar to:
 > 
 > ../../gcc/gcc/builtins.c: In function 'expand_builtin':
 > ../../gcc/gcc/builtins.c:6292: warning: unknown conversion type
 > character 'K' in format
 > ../../gcc/gcc/builtins.c:6292: warning: too many arguments for format
 > ../../gcc/gcc/builtins.c:6298: warning: unknown conversion type
 > character 'K' in format
 > ../../gcc/gcc/builtins.c:6298: warning: too many arguments for format
 > 
 > 
 > Any idea on the cause of these?

It means that someone is using "%K" in a printf string, but gcc
doesn't know what "%K" means in a printf string.  I don't think it
matters.

Andrew.

-- 
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list