Error when I try to run bootstrap in an open source problem on RedHat 4

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Aug 22 04:21:00 GMT 2007


"ying lcs" <yinglcs@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to run '.bootstrap' on Ret Hat EL 4.
> 
> and I am getting the following error.
> 
> Can anyone please tell me what am i missing?
> 
> configure.ac:1: error: possibly undefined macro: dnl
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_IF
> configure.ac:41: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE
> configure.ac:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
> configure.ac:81: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN
> configure.ac:181: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ARG_ENABLE
> configure.ac:325: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
> configure.ac:326: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
> configure.ac:327: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
> configure.ac:330: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
> configure.ac:377: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIB
> configure.ac:447: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS
> configure.ac:2087: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_PROG
> configure.ac:5092: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PATH_PROGS

These errors are coming from autoconf.  I don't know what else to tell
you, as I don't know why you are running autoconf.

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list