-mlong-calls seems unvailable on mips-elf-gcc 3.4.0

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Wed Aug 8 05:52:00 GMT 2007

PRC wrote:
> I'm using mips-elf-gcc 3.4.0 for cygwin.
>
> I wish the output code relocatable, so I use '-mlong-calls' options when compiling C files. Unfortunately when I check the disassembled list file, I find there are still 'jal' instructions.
> And I try mipsel-linux-gcc 3.4.4 for linux, everything is okay.
> Is it a bug of mips-elf-gcc 3.4.0?

It could be. I only ever use mipsel-linux 3.4.3 and later, so I don't
know for sure.

You could try building a mips-elf 3.4.4 toolchain or even better a 4.2.1
toolchain, and see what happens. Many bugs have been fixed since 3.4.0
was released.

David Daney.