Compiling GCC-4.3.0 via SVN

STEVE WARD stevenward666@hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:27:00 GMT 2007

To whom it may concern,
                                        I have been compiling the latest GCC form the SVN repository on  a regular basis.
My latest version is;
steve@x1-6-00-c9-00-02-c6-36:~$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /home/steve/Gcc/trunk/configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20070802 (experimental)
steve@x1-6-00-c9-00-02-c6-36:~$

My Operating System is Kubuntu Fiesty Fawn version 7.04,the processor I'm running is a AMD Athlon XP 3000.

The way I compile GCC is this,I go into my build folder,which is gcc-build.I then I right-click on it and select actions and select run a terminal from here.When Konsole fires up, I issue from the prompt /home/steve/Gcc/trunk/configure

After the configure script finishes,I then run make all.After about 4 hours of compilation,I then run sudo make install.

Here is my question,while make compiles I do get a fair few error messages.Unfortunately,I can't remember all of the error messages make had produced.However,the error messages seem to repeat themselves every time I update my repository and do another compilation.So is there a log file I can upload? or which is the best way to generate a log file to catch the error messages the make produses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
              Steven Ward