Typedef Templates

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Sun Apr 29 19:17:00 GMT 2007

Bernhard wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if there is a (secret) switch to enable typedef templates
> in g++? Although this feature is not part of the current C++ standard, it's
> already a proposal for C++0x [http://www.ddj.com/dept/cpp/184403850]. If you
> don't know what I mean by typedef templates, the link also explains this
> concept.

You can track the status of C++0x implementation at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/cxx0x_status.html> and
<http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/changes.html>.  I don't think the gcc team
would ever add a "secret" switch, it would always be documented in the
manual at minimum, and in changes.html if it's not a minor addition.
Note that those links apply to 4.3, i.e. the current mainline
development series, not any released version.

Brian