problems with plotutils/libplot and windows 2000 under minwg

Walter Kasberg Walter.Kasberg@web.de
Tue Apr 24 09:52:00 GMT 2007

On Dienstag, 24. April 2007, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Walter Kasberg wrote:
> > I have installed plotutils/libplot under win2k.
> >
> > while linking the program with:
> > 'gcc -lplot -lm program.o -o program'
> >
> > I get all calls to libplot as 'undefined reference'.
> >
> > I am using:
> > mingw-runtime-3.9
> > gcc-3.4.2
> > and plotutils-2.4.1-4 with GnuWin32
> >
> > What could be the problem or what could de missing?
>
> You got the order wrong.  Libraries must be specified after the objects
> that use them.  And there is no such thing as -lm on MinGW, as there is
> no separate math library.  Although specifying it is probably just
> ignored.
>
> Brian
Thanks,
that's it.
Now I only have to figure out how to plot on screen. At the moment I get only
text on my screen.

Walter

Dr.-Ing. Walter Kasberg  -   Stifterstraße  3   -   D-52146  Würselen
email: Walter.Kasberg@web.de   oder   walter@kasberg.net
Tel.  +49 2405 73847
Fax   +49 2405 474355          oder  +49 1212-5-118-06-333