"indirect jmp without `*'" message

Benoit Hudson bhudson+@cs.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 9 01:10:00 GMT 2007

Using gcc-4.1.2 on OSX 10.4, when I compile anything, I get bunches of:
  /var/tmp//ccDdCjdi.s:2977:indirect jmp without `*'
messages.  By "bunches" I mean dozens or hundreds per typical file.

I see there was an identical question in November that didn't elicit any
replies, there's no entry in bugzilla that I can see, and the only
(possibly-useful) advice google has given me is to update to the latest
Xcode to get a new assembler -- but I have the latest version.  Anyone have
a working fix?

        -- Benoît