fortran compiler seg fault

Jon Erik Ween jween@klaru-baycrest.on.ca
Wed Apr 4 23:48:00 GMT 2007

HI!

I'm trying to compile packages for the R stats system (on a vanilla
FC6 with the full development environment installed) but keep getting
seg faults for various compilations that seem to have to do with
Fortran. Not being very well versed with Fortran and not finding
anything on the R lists  I was wondering if the gcc crowd had any
ideas? Here's the output, not much, but all there is:

[root@luther Desktop]# R CMD INSTALL ./mvtnorm
* Installing *source* package 'mvtnorm' ...
** libs
gfortran   -fpic  -O2 -g -c mvt.f -o mvt.o
mvt.f: In function 'mvkrsv':
mvt.f:1480: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

This also happens if I try to compile "mvtnorm" outside the R
environment.

Thanks!

Jon

Jon Erik Ween, MD, MS
Scientist, Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied Research Unit
Director, Stroke Clinic, Brain Health Clinic
     Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
Assistant Professor, Dept. of Medicine, Div. of Neurology
     University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine

Posluns Building, 6th Floor, Room 644
Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
3560 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1