cc1plus

Rupert Wood me@rupey.net
Fri Sep 22 14:19:00 GMT 2006

Jean-Philippe Grivet wrote:

> I can't compile any program, gcc complaining that it can't find
> cc1plus. Why is the innstallation incomplete, where do I get
> cc1plus?

The basic gcc package only contains the C compiler, cc1. To get the C++
compiler, cc1plus, you'll need to install the gcc-c++ package too.

There are similar packages for other languages in case you need those too:
Fortran 95 (gcc-gfortran), Ada (gcc-gnat), Java (gcc-java), Objective C and
Objective C++ (gcc-objc and gcc-objc++ respectively).

Rup.