REG : Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault

Tim Prince timothyprince@sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 20 16:08:00 GMT 2006

Syam Prasad Nagabairu wrote:

> To: gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
> From: Syam Prasad Nagabairu/indusrad
> Date: 09/20/2006 07:31PM
> Subject: REG : Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
>

> HI to ALL,
>        I am working on HP system with XP OS.The problem is, while running a
>        gdb debugger the following error occured.
> 0x77c47631 in msvcrt!memset ()

Presumably, your code has passed an invalid address down to memset().
If gdb will not give you a backtrace, you may have to identify the
points where your code may invoke memset() and check the pointers.  This
might be easier if you use a cygwin build, where the libraries should be
built with gdb compatibility.