Library dynamic dependencies on Solaris

Kirsten Mayer kmayer@isw.net.au
Wed Sep 20 06:41:00 GMT 2006

Hi Eljay,
Many thanks for your help.
In the end I found that adding  -R . to my commands meant that the api
finds the db when they are in the same dir.
Thanks,
Kirsten

John Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com>
13/09/2006 11:23 PM

Kirsten Mayer <kmayer@isw.net.au>, MSX to GCC <gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Library dynamic dependencies on Solaris

Hi Kirsten,

The "-Lfoodir" is for the linker to put the foodir on the
linker-search-path.

I'm not familiar with "-LDIR foodir".  Maybe the top level toolchain
driver
treats that as a "-L foodir -Wl,--rpath,foodir"?

On Solaris, the trick I've used to bake in the library search directory is
the -rpath flag used by the linker to brand the path (absolute, or
relative)
into the shared object.

q.v. http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/rpath.html

Alternatively, you can do what some applications do and have a front end
/bin/sh launch script (usually generated by the installer) that sets the
environment variables up, including LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

HTH,
--Eljay

Read this reference (look for "rpath")...
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/dsohowto.pdf

Other references (de ja vu!)...
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-04/msg00273.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-10/msg00093.html