linking with __CTOR_LIST__

Abby abs621@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 13:54:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

That worked..! great! Thanks! however lots of work and need to know how gcov
works etc..
That made me write more code etc etc to profile a apps that runs forever.
              main() {
                 printf("start ");
                 while(1) { sleep(1); }
                 printf("\ndone\n");
                }
Now that while profiling the filename.da is not generated unless it exists
normaly.
have anyone tried some tricks to collect and write to da while it is still
running?
Somhow calling some routine to write those stats to filename.da?
What are the diff ways we can approach it for an linux application.

Hi,

It should work. I have seen several examples of this. Verify if the
symbol has the correct address, by checking the linker map file (check
linker documentation on how to do this : info ld, its probably --map).

Regards,
Ravishankar