printf-like syntax

David Sveningsson david.sveningsson@telia.com
Mon Sep 25 16:44:00 GMT 2006

I have created an extended version of printf for a gaming engine. It has
the possibility to print any in-game entity. Because of portability I
didn't use the otherwise nice feature to customize printf that gcc has.
But there is one thing that I however would like to use, the printf
format attribute:

*#ifdef LINUX
#define PRINTF_SYNTAX __attribute__((format(printf,/m/,/n/)))
#else
#define PRINTF_SYNTAX
#endif

*My problem is that each time I use one of my custom specifiers GCC
warns about it. Is there some way to stop that, like adding the
specifier to that list but not to printf?
--

*//David Sveningsson [eXt]*