problem when linking against static lib of stlport

Vincent Torri vtorri@univ-evry.fr
Fri Sep 22 07:42:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

I've experienced a problem when I link statically against stlport. An
exception is sent when I use sstream. When linking against the shared lib
of stlport, there is no problem.

A description of that problem can be found here :

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1577160&forum_id=490891

According to one of the developper, it's a problem that comes from some
compilers:

"So Petr advise looks good. use_facet might not find the facet you are
looking for because facet id has not been initialized as expected; it is a
classic problem with static linking as sometimes linkers duplicate static
symbols of template classes and only one is initialized. So prefer dll to
static libs and tell us if it fixed your issue."

Is it a problem with gcc ? Or is it a problem when one statically links
against stlport ?

I have tried with gcc 4.0.2, 4.0.3 and 4.1.1.

thank you

Vincent Torri