problem dlopening libgomp

Iordan Hristov hristov@ucalgary.ca
Thu Sep 14 23:56:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

I need to use OpenMP from inside Weave/Python. This works fine on my
mac with the precompiled gcc 4 from hpc.sourceforge.net.
However when I try to run that under Fedora with the latest gcc from
SVN I get the following message:

[pyweave@sa-hub1 Tests]$ export CFLAGS='-fopenmp'
[pyweave@sa-hub1 Tests]$ python wv1.py
<weave: compiling>
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "wv1.py", line 27, in <module>
     inline(code,['a','b'],type_converters=converters.blitz,compiler
= 'gcc')
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/weave/
inline_tools.py", line 339, in inline
     **kw)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/weave/
inline_tools.py", line 453, in compile_function
     exec 'import ' + module_name
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: libgomp.so.1: shared object cannot be dlopen()ed

I found one post about a similar problem:
http://www.gatago.com/gnu/gcc/help/
23437201.html#m3mzb6mrnn.fsf@somewhere.in.california.localhost

where they suggest removing the XLDFLAGS="${XLDFLAGS} -Wl,-
z,nodlopen"  from libgomp/configure.tgt but this didn't solve my
problem.

Thanks,
Iordan Hristov
University of Calgary