linking with __CTOR_LIST__

Abby abs621@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 10:18:00 GMT 2006

Hi Grig,

thanks for reply. there must be some way to walk and call those pointers?
want to do something like as follows on linux appllication.

To use gcov for a application which runs all the time, i wanted to change
the behavior.

This is the code extract from http://lwn.net/2002/0207/a/gcov-kernel.php3

extern long __CTOR_LIST__;
typedef void (*func_ptr)(void) ;
func_ptr *p = (func_ptr*) &__CTOR_LIST__;

if ( p == NULL) {
printk("No CTORS\n");
return;
}
for ( ; *p != (func_ptr) 0; p++) {
(*p) ();
}

I wanted to do similar stuff for the application.
Any other idea or right alias (if it is not the one).

thanks and regards,
abby.