Regarding Placement of malloc()
Brian Dessent
brian@dessent.net
Sat Oct 7 23:32:00 GMT 2006
- Previous message (by thread): Regarding Placement of malloc()
- Next message (by thread): I have built an arm-elf cross compiler (for/on cygwin) that appears to be ok. I thought I would try the testsuite stuff in gcc. Had to get dejagnu to run it.,,When I run,,make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=arm-sim",,I tells me it is using arm-sim.exp, sim.exp and basic-sim.exp from the various directories in the dejagnu installation but I get a warning,,"Couldn't find tool config file for sim, using default",,then below the heading "== gcc Summary ==" nothing prints.,,I have tried copying sim.exp (which I think what "sim" refers to) to the various directories under dejagnu thinking it might be found but to no effect.,,-gene
- Messages sorted by:
[ date ]
[ thread ]
[ subject ]
[ author ]
h2005422@bits-pilani.ac.in wrote:
> I am working on Generational garbage collector for c language under linux
> environment and i have write the code for my malloc which is working
> properly.Now i have to place that malloc file into the gcc-4.0.2 package so
> that when i configure and install this package my program runs with the
> malloc which i have written.Kindly help me to solve this problem.
Have you not read the replies to your other emails? malloc() is part of
libc, and libc is not a part of gcc. So you can't "place that file into
the gcc package" because it is not a part of gcc.
If you want your malloc() to be called you either need to patch your
libc to use your patched version of the function or you need to supply
your memory management library as a regular library and ensure that the
application links against it for those functions. In either case gcc is
not part of the equation because gcc does not include a C library.
Brian
- Previous message (by thread): Regarding Placement of malloc()
- Next message (by thread): I have built an arm-elf cross compiler (for/on cygwin) that appears to be ok. I thought I would try the testsuite stuff in gcc. Had to get dejagnu to run it.,,When I run,,make check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board=arm-sim",,I tells me it is using arm-sim.exp, sim.exp and basic-sim.exp from the various directories in the dejagnu installation but I get a warning,,"Couldn't find tool config file for sim, using default",,then below the heading "== gcc Summary ==" nothing prints.,,I have tried copying sim.exp (which I think what "sim" refers to) to the various directories under dejagnu thinking it might be found but to no effect.,,-gene
- Messages sorted by:
[ date ]
[ thread ]
[ subject ]
[ author ]
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list