Available Linux C libraries for scepticals

Kai Ruottu karuottu@mbnet.fi
Thu Nov 30 16:20:00 GMT 2006

Kai Ruottu kirjoitti:
> On 11/29/06, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
>>> This especially true for targets where you'd don't have easy access to
>>> existing libc headers, as there is a chicken-and-egg problem of "can't
>>> build a fully functional gcc without libc headers" and "can't build
>>> libc
>>> without a functional gcc."
> I would call these ideas as "bolshevism" or "bullshitism" because
> there is no
> truth in them, only some blind believe to some weird ideas...  For
> instance if
> someone tells that there are no prebuilt C libraries for Linux/PPC,
> Linux/ARM,
> Linux/MIPS, Linux/SH, Linux/Sparc, Linux/m32r, Linux/am33, Linux/m68k,
> quite many really believe although some 'dissident' would give the
> URLs from
> where to download these...  The prebuilt Linux libs are like UFOs,
> people may
> see them but they don't believe that they see them because so many
> tell that
> they really don't exist....
 For Brian and others who don't believe that prebuilt glibcs for all
kind of CPU
architectures really do exist, some URLs will follow,  from a single
archive alone
first :

  ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/debian/pool/main/g/glibc

ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/ubuntu/ubuntu/pool/main/g/glibc/
  ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/eldk/4.0/
  ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/fedora/6

Debian has Linux ports for quite many CPU architectures, including ARM,
MIPS, m68k,
hppa, x86, ia64, x86_64, sparc, s390 and powerpc.  Ubuntu has not for so
many, ELDK
has for ARM, MIPS and PPC and Fedora for x86, x86_64 and PPC. The Open
SuSE 10.1
i586, x86_64 and PPC glibcs can be found for instance via :

  http://suse.inode.at/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/

The Linux/FRV and Linux/AM33 toolchain distros can be found at least via :

  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/linux/mirrors/redhat/redhat/gnupro

The Linux/m32r and Linux/SH stuff can be found via :

  http://www.linux-m32r.org/
  http://www.sh-linux.org/index.html

For which CPU-variation of Linux one yet cannot find a prebuilt glibc to
be used
during bootstraping?