optimize option in macros or somevalue (-O2 or -O3)

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Sun Nov 12 19:38:00 GMT 2006

Don't post to both lists, if you want to work on the compiler, gcc is
fine, otherwise gcc-help.

On Nov 12, 2006, at 9:29 AM, Niklaus wrote:
> Is there any way to specify in the code the optimization value like
> (-O2 or -O3) instead of on the command line.

In Apple's branch, we've added support for #pragma to control these
things, but in the mainline compiler, no.

> The problem is i can't modify the makefile.

This is a rather poor reason to want to the feature.  Use make
CC='gcc -O2' instead, that doesn't modify the makefile and yet
optimizes.