Comments in assember output

Artur Krzysztof Szostak artur@alice.phy.uct.ac.za
Thu Nov 30 15:30:00 GMT 2006


> It should work if you also pass the -g option.
>
But I want the high level source with out the -g option. I want to see what 
the assembly would look like with -O or event -O3. I basically want in the .s 
file a comment containing the source code line and under it the generated 
assembly code that corresponds to it. Something like what is possible with 
VC++

> > The GNU assembler manpages do not indicate that 'as' knows this option.
> > Which version are you using?
>
> The option has been there for a long time, and is documented.  Look
> for the -a option.
>
OK, I see it now, was trying to search for the whole string -adhls as is.

Thanks.


-- 

Artur Szostak

Tel. +27 21 650 3356
Mobile: +27 82 297 9502
Emails: artur@alice.phy.uct.ac.za  artursz@iafrica.com
AIM: artiblot
Skype: artiblot
Room: 4T6
Address:
R.W. James Building,
Rondebosch, 7701
Cape Town, South Africa

Physics Department
University of Cape Town



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list