gcc-4.1 compilation errors

Amarjit Sathi A.Sathi@cs.bham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 16:44:00 GMT 2006

Hi,
	I'm trying to compile gcc-4.1 on an dual core AMD SUN ultra 60 which
has solaris 10 installed.
	configure is being run with the following options

./configure --enable-bootstrap --with-mpfr=/packages/mpfr-2.2.0
--with-gmp=/packages/gmp4.2.1/ --enable-languages=c,fortran
--prefix=/packages/gcc-4.1.1

All well and good until I hit a problem with the fixincludes directory.
Any help would be appreciated.

PS It building as i386-pc-solaris2.10

hecking whether fread_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking whether fwrite_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking whether getchar_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking whether getc_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking whether putchar_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking whether putc_unlocked is declared... (cached) no
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... (cached) yes
checking for sys/mman.h... (cached) yes
checking for mmap... (cached) yes
checking whether read-only mmap of a plain file works... (cached) yes
checking whether mmap from /dev/zero works... (cached) yes
checking for MAP_ANON(YMOUS)... (cached) yes
checking whether mmap with MAP_ANON(YMOUS) works... (cached) yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating mkheaders.almost
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 51: Unexpected end of line seen