Partial Link

John (Eljay) Love-Jensen eljay@adobe.com
Tue Nov 7 15:02:00 GMT 2006

Hi Gui,

> I am wondering if it is related to the fact that I use g++ ?

Perhaps.

Are their headers -- audio.h, video.h, demux.h and/or dvbdrv_inf.h -- C++ savvy?

If they are not C++ savvy, perhaps the symbols from their headers in the C++ translation units are getting mangled the C++ way, but the symbols in their object files were mangled the C way.

(The "C way mangling" is probably either as-is, or prepended underscore.  Not much mangled at all.)

You can use nm on the object files from both C and C++ to see if the symbols (mangled-or-not) are as expected.  Use c++filt to turn mangled C++ symbols into human legible text.

HTH,
--Eljay